Wii Fit and Wii Active

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Wii Fit and Wii Active

Post by Boss Man »

Actually some Protein Bars contain Polyols, (Sugar replacers), which are better and having something with 25-30g Carbs in it, is not massively heinous. Unless the thing contained 50-60g, then you'd have a problem.

Caramp, I hope your new life works out for you. GOOD LUCK. You're a really terrific person and you deserve a great life.

Chin up and best wishes misses :).
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Thanks Boss Man. I look forward to joining husband in Oregon and Corvallis is a much more active town then where I am in Kentucky. It was funny every distance was told to us by the time it takes to bike there for instance "this house is a 15 minute bike ride to campus or downtown" :D . I will get a bike when I move there and bike to campus. They also have a wonderful farmer's market I cannot wait to shop there every saturday morning. I figure the 9 months I have to spend separated from hubby allows me to focus on health as our son rarely eats at home I can shop with just me in mind and I can workout when ever I want for instance just finished yoga and it is 11 PM...although I need to sleep as I have to be up at 5:30 AM :( .
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

No Wii yesterday :( but am walking more. As I posted earlier I moved into an apartment and it is on the third floor (had to have a fireplace :roll: ) anyway apartment living means walking the dog a whole lot more and now up and down three flights of stairs. Slowing working on diet, stopped eating lunch out that helps and avoiding the snack drawer at work.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Post by musculargirl »

You will definitely get some exercise being a couple flights upstairs!!
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Just eat a candy bar....I had been really good no candy bars in two weeks. Just found out have to travel to CA for dad's surgery the first of next month but at least I can see hubby for a weekend.

20 minute walk and Wii Yoga 30 minutes.

will try to get in some cardio tonight.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

GOOD LUCK with everything you'll have to go through with your Dad :). The main thing is to be strong for him and not let him think he's possibly putting you through some negative stuff, incase he might feel guilty, because his situation looks like it's hurting people he cares about.

I'm sure you'll be able to get through this and best wishes are with you and support, as well as the communities support. Whatever happens, we will be here for you, because you've always behaved so beautifully towards us and it's times like this, that we give a little back to those that have earned and deserve it.

He is very lucky to have a daughter like you and it will be of great comfort to him in at this difficult time I'm sure.

You're a pretty special person and you should be very proud of yourself for it too. Forget the incident with the confectionary and just move on as normally as possible. You wrote about it, which makes it more real, so not something to repeat too quickly and you CAN move on and keep doing your best for you.

That's something else you need to do too, during this difficult situation with your Dad, which is to try and keep your life as normal as possible, including the lifestyle needs. The more you look after yourself, the more of a daughter you'll be able to be to your Dad and the less concerns he might get about how you're coping.

I know you can do this and you can be consistent and give yourself plenty of reasons to be proud of yourself.

Chin up and good luck again yeah and if you need a little one to one, without dumping it on family, PM me anytime, because moderators can be here for you to have a private chat with, about sensitive or personal issues and I'll keep what's said, strictly between you and I, I guarantee that :)
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Hi Boss Man-

I know I sounded negative about dad and I am not it is just hard to get away again so soon. I was just on the west coast helping husband move and I am still in the busy season at work so it is hard to get away. I am very happy to be there for dad and look forward to being closer to family when I move back to the west coast. He knows that I want to be there with him. Like I said I am stressed about the time off work, the pressure I feel from the university for taking time off right now and the expense of flying back and forth across the county. Thank you very much for your kind words of encouragement and support. I do appreciate that you all give emotional support as well as health and fitness advise as son just told me over 50% of your physical health is dependent on your mental and emotional health :D .
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

No worries. He's your Dad and everyones different. How you know you feel is a normal thing, because you're very human with a very, very good heart and unless he was someone intolerable, which am 100% sure he's not, it's perfectly okay to feel whatever you're feeling.

Yes a good balance of mental, emotional and physical, is crucial for achieving physical results.

Without that symbiosis of all three, it makes it that much harder to achieve. I'm sure you're going to be able to deal with this just fine, as I'm sure you're a very strong and emotionally capable sort of person :).

Good luck again and whatever we can do, we'll be here for you :).
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

OK I am going to start a new blogg. I have read through 6 week body make over and have decided to give it a try. The eating plan is much like what Nokie eats anyway...lean protein, complex carbs, veggies and fruit. the plan is rationed out so you are eating most of your carbs in the morning to early afternoon. Most veggies are free so you can eat as many as you like, and fruit is sorted by sugar content so some you can have more often like grapefruit. Even though they advertise only two workouts per week...they advise you to do cardio 4-5 times per week day for 45-60 minutes per day. The plan advises less impact cardio like paced walking or jogging. You will build muscle with the sculpting routine. So basically, it is the advise everyone here gives...eat lean protein, complex carbs and lots of fruit and veggies, do cardio and build muscle. :D Also no added salt or sugar and drink 100 oz of water per day. I will post diet stuff there.

As for Wii, Yoga 30 minutes. A couple of short walks.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Go for pink Grapefruit rather than regular. Two small - medium sized halves of each, in comparison, yields slightly more Vit C for regular, but more Calcium, Vit A and less Sugar for Pink and Pink has Lycopene, regular doesn't.
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Thanks Boss Man-

I did not know that I brought pink because that was what was in the store but I would have brought regular because of the sugar content if they had it. It is a good thing they only pink.
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

three short walks and Wii Yoga.