Wii Fit and Wii Active

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Wii Fit and Wii Active

Post by caramp2 »

So I have decided I really don't like the gym I used to go with hubby but hated the pressure I felt to be on a schedule. Anyway I have been slowly gaining weight 30lbs over the past 15 years...seems the bulk happened during the past 5 years (makes sense I guess as I am nearing 40). Anyway I didn't like fitness DVDs and such (not motivating enough) so hubby bought me Wii for x-mas so I could workout from home and I am loving it. I loved Hula Hoop and Yoga in Wii Fit but had to return board because it is defective and a new one has not come in yet :cry: . I have Wii active though and can burn ~200 calories a workout doing various circuit exercises using a resistance band but I think I was actually losing weight with the hula hoop and yoga routine.

I should add I have lost 6 lbs to date...I hope by Sat. weight-in it is 7.

Anyway I thought I would start journaling to see how effective Active is and once I get Fit back compare the two. I have to say I am feeling muscle burn so I assume it is working. I have split workouts into two session 30-45 in the morning and 30-45 in the evening.

I designed a cardio workout in Active which I did this morning I will do the standard 30 day challenge this evening.

1/27/10
Am Cardio-Dance, Run, Box, Run, Run, Box, Box, Dance, Run....45 minutes 235 cal burned.
musculargirl
VETERAN

Re: Wii Fit and Wii Active

Post by musculargirl »

I haven't done either so I don't have an opinion but I know people really like their Wii Fit a lot everyone that I know that has one anyway. How much are they about? The Wii active I haven't heard as much about but sounds intersting with the resistance band and circuit exercises. Good luck! I'm sure it will come off in no time! :)
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

I think the system is 199.00 and Wii Fit is 99.00 with balance board. Wii Active is 60.00 and for fitness Active is better because it has a journal and calorie counter and structured workouts. But you can customize a workout as well which is what I have done. I am aiming for 200+ per workout with lots of high intensity running, short boxing and high intensity running...and so on and so forth for 30 minutes.

I like both; Fit has Yoga which I was loving and Active because I feel like I am getting a workout. I figured the investment is no more than I would have spent on a gym membership. Although I did get it as a gift :D but I was planning on buying.

Did workout from 30 day program-am half way through program now. Only burnned 145 cal so HAVE to do cardio tonight. Didn't get second workout in last night :(
Last edited by caramp2 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Great I didn't realize Plus has structured workouts and a counter. Since I am planning on buying a new Fit because of the defective board I think I might just get Plus.
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

I got discouraged and started to pig out and not workout :oops: . That was about 10 days ago. I worked out yesterday and plan to workout tonight. I am back to eating properly. I have decided to eat gluten so I am eating whole grains.
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Did workout from 30 day challenge and custom cardio. Bought a stronger resistance band-muscles were shaking so I think it is better. Kept caloric intake at 1300. Worked off 300 calories. Still waiting for new balance board should be here in a week. I MISS hula hoop :cry:
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

caramp2 wrote: Kept caloric intake at 1300. Worked off 300 calories. Still waiting for new balance board should be here in a week. I MISS hula hoop :cry:
Why so low on your calories??? That's not enough for your body... You should try to increase it a bit. Slowly but surely up to at least 1800. As for hula hoop... you can always do it for warm up.
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Becasue I tried 1800 and was only losing .5lb to no weight per week. Since I am not consistant with working out I figure I will try to lose weight through reducing calories. I am doing a liquid diet for the first two meals of the day and a balanced dinner. Anyway, until I make regular workouts a part of life I have to reduce 500 calories a day through food. And I want to drop 12-15 lbs by late March.
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

Ok… So you’re eating 1300 now to lose the extra pounds… but once you reached that pound by starving yourself… what next? Continue to eat 1300 or less?? Because if you consume more than 1300 … you will just gain it back.

There’s a reason why 1800 – 2100 is good and long term. It’s a life style that you will maintain. I hope I’m making sense… I’m just trying to get you to see where little calorie intake can get you in the long term. I know because I did it many times and it’s just a yo-yo diet for me. But once I got calories up… weight has been going down to nothing… But it’s ok… It’s a long process. It took me awhile to gain the darn stubborn weight…. I cannot expect to lose it in a few days… Also keep in mind with long term health conditions too. By just drinking your meals... you’re not giving your body the proper nutrition.

Oh… just wanted to point out…. By you losing .5lb in a week is AWESOME!!!
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Thanks for the concern. I do realize I have to increase calories burned so I can increase caloric intake. I was feeling very frustrated with such a slow change and gave up for 3 weeks. I am eating too, I have had a shake in the morning with an apple, and nuts. I had another shake at lunch with a salad and mid afternoon more nuts (walnuts, peanuts or almonds). For dinner a sensible meal. I realize I am not getting many veggies in but I will try to add them during the day and protein bars. And once I feel like I have really gotten a handle on consistent exercise I will increase calories and eat a bigger breakfast with more protein.

I have noticed you have lost 37+ pounds that is terrific. :D
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

worked out today...30 day program and custom cardio 320 calories. worked out on Friday night 200 calories still waiting for Wii board :(
Nokie173
VETERAN

Post by Nokie173 »

caramp2 wrote:I have noticed you have lost 37+ pounds that is terrific. :D
Thanks... it's a struggle... Slow proccess... But still getting there! How's your meals going? Same?
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

:D
Last edited by caramp2 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

Good. I think I might be eating more than 1300 calories but I am trying to look at net calories after exercise. I am still having shake, fiber in coffee, soy milk, fruit and nuts in the morning and shake, salad, fruit and nuts at lunch. Dinner I try to get veggies, lean protein and keep carbs low. I also brought some protein bars (180 cal, low carb and fat and 20 gram of protein) but the shakes which have 10 grams of protein and the bars close together make me feel too full. I am taking a multi vitamin supplement and fiber as I mentioned above so bars are not a good mid morning snack. I don’t know yet about weight loss as I won’t weigh in until Thursday.

Right now the shakes are easy grab and go and I am having 1/2 cup blue berries or a small apple and an oz of walnuts or almonds with them so total morning calories are still between 400-500 calories. Lunch is a little lower because I don't have soy milk, sugar or fiber supplement and dinners have been around 500-600 calories. I am snacking between meals like nuts before bed because I get hungry again around 9:30 and protein bar late afternoon.

And I am doing Wii Active program.

Yesterday I consumed 1714 calories and worked off 320 so net is 1394.
caramp2
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by caramp2 »

worked out last night...30 day program and custom cardio. The night before I did a routine from Womens Day April issue it is called 20 minutes to fit and I am still sore.

Just checked board has arrived.....I can do hula hoop again I cannot wait I love it! :D :D :D :D