New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by Bonnie »

Hmph, seems I left notebook in the gym ?..

Todays workout

warm up, foam roller, glut activation exercises

BB hip thrusts
8 x 8 x 135

Sumo Dead lifts
6 x 8 x 105

DB pullovers
3 x 8 x 25
with
DB step ups
3 x 8 x 25's

One arm row
3 x 8 x 35
with
Cable decline rotation
1 x 8 x 17.5
2 x 8 x 19.5

Lateral deltoid raises
3 x 6 x 12.5
with
Hanging pikes
3 x 10
with
Incline DB press
3 x 8 x 22.5
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Todays Workout

Foam rolling, tennis ball on bottom of foot rolling, warm up 3 minute jog, stretch

Sprints

4 x 7 seconds
5 x 6 seconds
9 x 5 seconds
1 x 4 seconds

The track is either 20 or 30 meters, really not to sure. One day I was still out there when the PE teachers brought out their class, should of asked then..this is the first time I've hit 4 seconds, means hamstring/glut strain is healing ?..Still tight but not painful enough to stop me :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:this is the first time I've hit 4 seconds, means hamstring/glut strain is healing ?..Still tight but not painful enough to stop me :)
good job on the 4 seconds. Is that a total of 19 sprints? yer killin' me Bonnie!!! you know I would have had to do one more to make it an even 20. :D :mrgreen:
I think hamstring injuries are the hardest to completely heal. Mine still bothers me when I run from injuring it in April - but like you said..not enough to stop me. :wink:
Good luck this weekend on your 10K. I admire your running in memory of your Dad. That is awesome.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm sure you'll do a great job with the 10k. You should be really proud of yourself. Chin up and keep pushing, because you're pretty amazing :).
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yeah tears well up each time I remember why I'm running this. If I can prevent one man from having to die in such a manner, then its worth every step. We never got along when I was younger & weren't that close even when he passed, but I watched this disease rob that man of everything & it was horrible, no one should ever have to go through such hell.

Yep boss man, even if I have to drag A$$ across the line using fingernails I will finish :) I'm not adverse to walking if it becomes a necessity, to me this isn't a race but more of a spiritual thing. Nothing said about headphones, so radio it is ! Picked up bib & t-shirt last night.The bib has a time thing attached, which I will let them use, just to see eh.

Lynne technically I did do 20, however the first time the time drops off, even by 1 second, its time to quit, so number twenty fell to 5 seconds.

Squatting Friday ! Love it..

Todays workout

warm up, glut activation, foam roller etc

BB Hip thrusts
8 x 8 x 135
Been trying to get this to 8 sets of 10 for months now. The reason I won't drop the weight is because I can't use smaller plates or its to hard to get under the bar.So instead I'm concentrating on full extension at the top, hopefully I will hit 10 one day ? Maybe.

Box squats ( milk crate height )
6 x 8 x 85
think I'm ready for 90 next week

Reverse DB lunges with One leg dead lift .. These ROCK !!!
3 x 6 x 17.5
with Pull ups
5/4/4

DB chest press w ball
1 x 8 x 30
2 x 6 x 30
with
Step offs
3 x 8

Supported Chest row
3 x 6 x 60
with
One arm shoulder press with rotation
3 x 6

Plank
1 x 1 min
1 x 45 seconds
Side Planks
1 x 1 min
1 x 45 seconds

Not done planks in months...as you can tell by the 45 seconds. Have a great weekend everyone, sprinting tomorrow & lake run Sunday, I'm set :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Ps, thanks to both of you for your well wishes :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:Lynne technically I did do 20, however the first time the time drops off, even by 1 second, its time to quit, so number twenty fell to 5 seconds
okay. whew! lol
Bonnie wrote:The bib has a time thing attached, which I will let them use, just to see eh.
Most likely a chip timer, automatically records your start and finish time when you cross over the start mat - some of them even record split times, or mile times.
Bonnie wrote:Have a great weekend everyone, sprinting tomorrow & lake run Sunday, I'm set
"never run the day before a race" - it's like a law or something for runners... 8) I wouldn't recommend doing sprints the day before a race. But I know you said this race isn't about racing for you, but still...won't your legs be tired? I would let Sat. be a rest day, so your legs are fresh for that 6 mile run. just sayin'... :D whatever you decide, I know you will be fine. And your dad would be proud.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Yeah you might have a point. Think I might add a bit of starchy carbohydrates in the day before also.The amount I have lately is fairly low. The bib has a name thingy, age, time in..though its hand written or was i not supposed to write there ?..lol, whatever.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I checked yesterday, but decided to wait until this morning to check...have gained 1 whole inch on hips,( glut ) look forward to gaining a couple more ! Pissed rain all night & still is, mother nature cancelled any plans of sprinting today..I refuse to use a treadmill. I haven't been on a " cardio " machine in months, don't miss them either :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I presume the gained inch was a good one.

P.S. hopefully last PM got through okay. If you felt there was no need to respond that's okay, I'm just making sure :).
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Probably never been a woman happier to gain an inch on her hips than I am :) Yes it better than good, its terrific !! :) Let me check that pm, not sure it required a response.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

I'd gladly give you an inch of mine...but you probably don't want that kind of gain... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Ha, no I already had that kind myself :) Hard to believe how flat ones gluts become at this age. Not an easy task putting them back where they belong, well worth it though ;)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie wrote:Hard to believe how flat ones gluts become at this age
haha, that's because they been sliding down the back of our legs for years now... :lol: :lol: and that's not the only things going flat......bwahahahaha!
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Ummm yeah. Though as gluts are one of the largest muscle groups, the thought of them being in atrophy at any age is daunting. Glad to have mine back, didn't even realize they had gone away, felt normal.