New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Bonnie
VETERAN

Re: New updated workout, out with old in with new..

Post by Bonnie »

So its confession time, It is true, I DO get frustrated reading peoples journals where they keep repeating the same behaviors & then complaining they are still overweight. I realize this is a somewhat natural pattern in our society & hope to achieve a sense of compassion for it. However I am equally as hard on myself & for that I'm grateful. I KNOW for a fact, that had I not been so strict with diet & workouts, I would STILL be feeling old, fat & unhappy. Instead I feel fantastic & now have a hard time wrapping head around anyone who has problems sticking with a program, seems the simplest thing to me, like breathing.

So I will be around for those, who have previously sent pm's, do feel free to let me know your progress. For the rest of you I've met, I really DO hope that you find freedom through fitness in your own time frame. To all those that have helped me, thank you :)

There was one line a trainer told me on here, that has had the most profound effect..it was " If you don't want to be FAT, then don't EAT things that will make you fat " a very non coddling approach, BIG thank you to that person.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

I actually have moved thread,to what I consider a higher level of commitment site, BB.com. I don't know anyone there but thats okay, usual influx of men adding. It was made apparent to me that some of comments on here were " controversial ", to use smiley faces etc. Yeah no thanks, I won't change for anyone. Though some things do get lost in translation, from thought process to the typed form, I don't feel the need to compensate for this.So far on the new site I've not seen " I'm okay.. for age " as an excuse,which is damn refreshing. It was nice to meet you all, the time on here was spectacular & propelled me to where I am today, so thanks.

I still pop on to read sometimes, best of luck to everyone.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Bonnie, I wish you well in all you desire to achieve in your fitness as well as life's journey. I have the utmost respect for you and your workout commitment and have been inspired watching your transformation. I know you will continue to improve and grow in all your achievements.
Thanks for being here. You are a unique spirit and I wish you nothing but happiness and success in your life. :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Thank you Lynn, all the best to you & your family xoxo.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You deserve a lot of credit for what you have done with your life.

Thank you for what you added to this community and good luck for the future. Deep down you're a superb person and whatever you think might be flaws in the character, I'm sure you'll find a way round those, or learn to work with them better :).
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Think I may post workouts here, so I can actually be able to read them. Unlike book which sometimes I can't even make out what it says..Now that I need to advertise & sell workout packages online keeping them on here will be beneficial.

I started a business & website called " You Time " Personal training, well without quotations.

Next Sunday I will be running a 10 k in fathers memory ( fathers day run for prostrate cancer ) I know I can run at least 6 miles already, did a couple in the last month. This run is around a lake, so should be less brutal than pavement.

Still working on myself & fat % loss. Feel stronger than ever. son has now joined the gym so between workouts & outdoor sprints, I am training him also. Talk about a blank canvass, without injuries ! Happy sunday to everyone :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I hope it all works out for you :).
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Thanks boss man, hope everything is going good for you too :)
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Welcome back Bonnie - I always loved seeing your workouts. :)
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Thanks, will be back to posting after AM workout :) I have been following a glut workout from swanso for the past few months, finally gained 1/2 inch !
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

This mornings workout

warm up, pre stretch, foam rolling, glut activation exercises

BB Hip thrusts
8 x 5 x 150

Regular dead lifts
6 x 8 x 105

Chin ups
6/4/4
with DB split squats
3 x 6 x 22.5

Decline DB chest press
3 x 8 x 22.5
with
BB roll outs
5/5/4

Side plank w cable row
3 x 8 x 50
with
Anterior deltoid raises
3 x 6 x 12.5
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Hi Bonnie, nice to be reading your workouts again! :D
Bonnie wrote:BB Hip thrusts
I had to "you tube" these to see what they were. :oops: I found one using dumbbells and a stability ball that I am going to try. gym doesn't have any barbells in the ladies weight room - :? Basically the same as the BB hip thrust, just holding the DB's across the same area and supporting your upper shoulders on the stability ball. Seems like it will work the abs as well? Not sure what a good starting weight would be to use - maybe 20lb DB's?
Bonnie wrote:Decline DB chest press
I've just started doing these (no decline yet, just flat bench) - getting away from using the machines completely - I'm going Free weights all the way baby!! :lol: but find that I have a really hard time raising the DB's at the same time, evenly and balanced. Is that just a strength issue? I'm only using two 15lb DB's - hard to imagine it is hard for me, since i was doing 60lbs on the flat bench weight machine. :roll: (eye opener) Is it just as effective to do an alternating DB press, raising one at a time?
Thanks for any input you might have.
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Heya, hmm if I'm not mistaken, the co ordination of the dumbells is a neuromuscular communication situation, so that should improve with continued efforts. I have that a little bit with the decline, because I just started doing them. I actually pick one day for reg, one for incline & one for decline, just to make sure ALL of the muscle is in use in the week :) The same for shoulders, front raise, lateral, reg press. Less boredom too.

Not sure if the db would be as viable for hip thrusts never tried them, not sure the weight would be evenly distributed if the fullcrum of the lift is off center ? If there are no BB in the ladies section move to the mens, your lifting is just as important as theirs. Yes the hip thrust does have effects on the frontal hip area, perhaps some ab, in a isometric way. However the main muscle is the glut. Make sure you push all the way up & squeeze. Oh & make sure your hamstrings & gluts are warmed up & stretched before doing these, if they are normally tight.

Myself I had to take today off due to uterine cramps from hell waking me in the middle of last night. At 47 one would hope the discontinuation of that body function would leave gracefully, but no. Picked up business papers, trademarked business name, working on website, lots to do on a day off ? People are asking for card which is made but not printed yet, next order of business eh. Will get on that now..good luck lynne :) Feel free to ask any questions.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Congrats Bonnie, it sounds like you are doing great things for yourself :D
Bonnie
VETERAN

Post by Bonnie »

Thanks, hope all is well for you too :)